Our minyan is a participatory one in which everyone, from the rabbis on down, volunteers their services. Men, women, and children are welcome to take any part in the service that halacha allows.
News of Or Chadash
Click here to see photos from Purim 5776...
... and here to see a sample of the ktav in the sefer Torah commissioned by Rebbitzen Aviva Cohen in memory of her husband, R. Eliezer Cohen. (Updated May 14, 2016)
How Big Do Olives Get?
Avoiding Unnecessary Strictness on Pesah
Do I really have to eat this much matzah?
Have I eaten enough maror (bitter herbs)?
Well, how much matzah do we have to eat in order to fulfill the mitzvah?
Halakhic Approaches to Other Streams of Judaism
“Once everyone followed Rabbinic Judaism.” Except:...
- So He’s a Convert? I Never Would Have Guessed!
- Female Orthodox Jewish Clergy: Scandal or Opportunity?
- Observations About the International Beit Din Controversy
- Turning Point
- Why Fasting? A Word before Neilah
- Yirat HaShem
- On Torture and Halacha
- What Happened to Yosef? Two Views
- Existentialist Isaiah
- A History Of The Mishebeirakh Leholeh
- An Essay on Prayer